After your admission or exchange participation is confirmed,
Handong will send a ‘Certificate of Admission’.
Please CONTACT nearest South Korean Embassy on instructions for visa application.
After receiving the visa packet from Handong, you should visit the Korean Embassy / Consulate’s Website in your country of residence and the check list of required documents for D-2 visa application in order to process your visa application. Please note that the way of submitting documents may be different according to each consulate’s regulation.
1. How to Obtain a Student Visa
After receiving the documents from HGU OIA, you should contact the embassy of Republic of Korea and re-confirm the required documents. Then, submit the visa application along with required documents.
*Typically, you will need the following for VISA
1) HGU will send you:
- Certificate of Admission (&acceptance letter)
- MoU (only for Exchange students)
- Business Certificate of HGU (in Korean)
- Scholarship certificate (only for scholarship students)
2) Students need to prepare and check:
- Valid Passport
- Make sure your passport is valid throughout the entire duration of your stay
Spring Semester: Feb~ July (min. 6 months)
Fall Semester: August~Jan (min. 6 months)
- Proof of financial resources
- Bank statement or Certificate of Scholarship
- Handong Global University is certified with the International Education Quality Assurance System, you DO NOT need to submit your financial statement EXCEPT BELOW COUNTRIES.
(China, Philippine, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Mongolia, Thailand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Peru)
2. How to Find Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Your Country
Visit http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/main/index.jsp (Ministry of Foreign Affairs website)
-Menu: ROK Missions Overseas -> select your country -> find Location/Contact
-For more information regarding Visa, please visit HERE